Points to note:
1. Positive growth shown by Maruti, Hyundai, Honda, Tata, Renault, VW, Skoda, HM & Isuzu. American MNC’s saw a tremendous drop in sales – GM de-grew by hefty 41.1% & Ford by 37.6%. Industry as whole was flat and the de-growth stood at -0.54%.
2. Honda dethrones M&M yet again and stands 3rd in the table. The top 8 OEM’s in terms of June’15 offtake data is as shown below:
Also a glimpse at the carline-wise numbers –
|June 2015 Sales Figures – Pan India|
1. Did we see Jazz & Creta sales? – Yes! These are the number of cars shipped from the respective manufacturers to dealers. Both Honda & Hyundai have shown tremendous focus and have dispatched ample amount of cars to the channel. This signifies the confidence the OEM’s have on the new products and we hope that the production is aligned accordingly as well. These 2 new launches are extremely crucial to define their growth story in the sub-continent and we believe they’ll not leave any stone unturned to make it a big success!
2. Dzire overtakes Alto as the Number 1 selling car in India! Our prediction turns true with this statistic – We did assume that the Indian customers have off-late become more conscious and the value for money aspect is seen in higher segment cars! A lot of first time buyers are experimenting with premium hatchbacks and sub-compact sedans! Gone are the days where the average Indian consumer wouldn’t think above an 800/Alto/Spark/Eon!
3. Celerio crosses 8k figure for the first time since launch!!! No wonder it’s an after effect of the introduction of India’s most fuel efficient variant (Celerio diesel – 27.6 kmpl). Can Celerio maintain the momentum?
4. A sudden drop in Ciaz numbers is a concern – While Maruti is taking the next step with Nexa, drop in Ciaz volumes will surely pinch the manufacturer. Also focus on S-Cross production can be a reason here.
Top 10 selling brands of June 2015 –