The Top 10 cars sold 1,42,730 units which was ~52% of the overall car sales in January 2019! Do note that 82 models are on sale in the Indian market as on date and the contribution of Top 10 denotes the affinity of Indian consumers towards the fast selling models. As a matter of fact; Top 25 models contributed ~85% of car sales!
- The top 10 cars had 7 models from Maruti & 3 from Hyundai
- The Top 5 Ranks were dominated by Maruti models
- Alto again took the Top Slot and was the Best Selling Car in India for January 2019
- Dzire came 2nd in Ranking and sold 19,073 units; while its sibling Swift sold 18,795 units.
- Maruti has efficiently utilized the Heartect Platform on majority of its cars – Swift, Dzire, Baleno & now Wagon R all based on the same platform. This enables Maruti to attain high levels of cost efficiency that it has always been famous for.
- i20 was the best selling Hyundai for January 2019 and stood 6th in the Best Selling Cars list! It was followed by Grand i10 & Creta which ranked 7th & 8th respectively.
- However; Santro was missing from the list. Will it be able to fare in the list in coming months?