Observations from the Top 10 list –
- Swift tops the chart and topples the usual Alto & Dzire from the position. But the story comes here with a twist – 2,142 units of Glanza were shipped in May’19; Hence including Baleno sales (15,176 units) the platform had together been the bestselling car for May’19! (Total – 17,318).
- BS6 complaint Alto was launched. However; that hasn’t allowed Alto sales from falling down. The nameplate degrew -25% YoY. Dzire shares the same fate and its sales fell -34% in May’19 v/s May’18.
- New Wagon-R couldn’t wither the storm and degrew -9% in May’19. It ranked 5th in the table.
- Eeco shoots to the 6th place; thanks to the exit of Omni. Eeco is now the only option available in the Petrol/CNG Van category.
- Creta still is the best-selling Hyundai in May’19 and ranked 7th. Surprisingly grand i10 is ousted from the Top 10 list and now only 2 Hyundai cars survive in the Top 10!
- Ertiga outsold Brezza! It would have been an impossible feat a year ago; but the freshness and practicality of Ertiga is finding buyers even in a dull market.