Honda Activa is one of the most successful two-wheelers in India. The success of this model had led to Honda launching multiple variants, not just of different engine capacities but also added unique features. The high performance and economical mileage that is offered by Activa coupled with the ease of riding has led to this scooter to become one of the highest-selling two-wheelers in India.
Another reason for Activa’s popularity can be traced to its tough built and enduring performance, though still, it is essential for riders to take care of their scooter properly. On the one hand, this includes regular servicing and maintenance, while on the other it also includes that of insuring your scooter.
Types of Two-Wheeler Insurance Policies Available for Honda Activa
While Third party policies are mandatory in India, others are vital for the safekeeping of your scooter. Consequently, it is important you understand the different features offered by these policies when you are planning to buy Activa Insurance.
- Third-Party Liability Cover: Every motorised vehicle in India, be it a two-wheeler or a car, must possess a third-party liability cover. This norm is compulsory under the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988. These policies cover the financial liabilities arising due to damage to a third-party individual, property or vehicle, due to an accident involving your scooter.
- Comprehensive Cover: These policies cover the third-party liabilities along with damages to your own vehicle in the event of an accident, due to fire, natural and man-made calamities. Depending on the add-ons you opt to avail on this policy, you can have every aspect of your scooter protected under the insurance policy.
Important to note companies you can also get own damage covers for vehicles purchased after September 2018 that offer the benefits of a comprehensive insurance policy sans the third party liability benefits.
What is the Better Option for Availing an Insurance Policy, Dealer Or Company?
While it is important to buy a Honda bike insurance policy for your Activa, first you must decide whether to buy from a dealer or directly from the company. These two options are compared below in a table –
|1.||This usually involves more time since it involves meeting with a dealer, choosing a policy, gathering documents and then waiting for the processing of the application.||With an option to directly buy from the company online, you can save a lot of time. The application can be completed promptly within a few minutes too.|
|2.||Dealers have their own share of the commission, which makes the overall process more costly.||Buying directly from the company is generally cheaper, while it is typically accompanied by higher discounts too.|
|3.||Choosing different add-ons can be difficult since it involves the offers shown by a dealer.||You can directly choose from the options which are offered by a company.|
|4.||Comparing different options from multiple financial institutions can be difficult since dealers often have tie-ups with specific companies.||Comparing different offers and financial institutions is easy online since it is at your personal discretion.|
|5.||Claim and settlement process can be lengthy, especially if you have to go through the dealer for every necessity.||Online claim makes the process fast while settlements are also resolved promptly.|
Things to Keep in Mind when Buying/Renewing the Activa Insurance
The things that should be kept in mind while buying or renewing an insurance policy are as follows –
- Check No Claim Bonus: You must check the No Claim Bonus that is being offered when buying a policy to avail discounts on the policy premium on renewal.
- Renewal Before Expiry: It is important that you renew your policy before the previous one expires since missing the date can lead to loss of No Claim Bonus.
- Choice of Add-Ons: Choosing the necessary add-ons and comparing the cost of the policy should be kept in mind.
- The IDV of the Policy: If you choose to buy/renew your Activa’s policy, you should also select the IDV you want to set for your scooter.
While as an owner of Honda Activa, it is important you understand where to buy your insurance policy, you should also keep the above pointers in mind to make the best choice.
PS: It is a sponsored post.