Model-wise Sales figures:
- To make way to the New Santro, i10 had its last breath in Nov’16 marking the end of its 9 year production run. Nov’16 also registered its best sales numbers in the past 15 months!
- Maruti doing everything possible on earth to sustain Alto’s volumes. Alto again emerged as the country’s best selling model and also posted a growth of 6% YoY.
- Eon however lost ~1500 units YoY and moved clearly out of the Top 10 stable. Eon’s finding it tough to fight the likes of Alto & Kwid without an AMT option and is selling primarily on heavy discounts.
- Baleno crossed 11k units for the first time since launch! It has clearly overtaken its competitors (i20 & Jazz) in the long run and has emerged as the most value-for-money option in the segment.
- Kwid manages to make in the Top 10. Renault has been able to replicate what Maruti did with Alto (first the 800cc Kwid, then launched the 1.0 ltr version and followed it with an AMT sibling).
- Vitara Brezza maintains its consistency and emerges as the best selling SUV of the nation. Brezza has clearly outpaced Bolero and put Mahindra on its backfoot.
- Even with its ailing sales, Bolero was the highest selling model in Mahindra’s portfolio!
- Did we see a Honda in Top 20? No! City numbers have dwindled beyond compare. Maybe the model update in Jan/Feb 2017 can work for the Japanese automaker.
- 419 units of BRV! The numbers are similar to what Mobilio did in the same time last year.
- Tiago contributed to over 47% of Tata Motors sales! The new kid in the block is exactly what Tata Motors needed now. With the Hexa launch scheduled in Jan’17; we expect the portfolio to go stronger.
- Fortuner came back with a bang! With offtake (dispatch to dealers) of 1924 units; the model is a matter of envy for all other OEMs. It was able to garner over 5400 bookings within 2 weeks of its launch. The real test for Endy starts now!
- Tucson & Elantra doing similar numbers? Yeah, Hyundai is infact the new Honda! The segment (18-25 Lakh SUV) was empty right now and the timing of Tucson looks apt.
- Ford could sell only 363 units of Figo? They were able to sell more Endeavour’s in comparison!
- Enjoy’s price reduction has worked wonder for the brand. It has crossed 900 units consecutively for the second month in succession.
A look at Top 20 selling brands –