We are happy to present the Model-wise Best sellers for 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018. For all years, we have considered Jan-Apr figures for apple to apple comparison (Ex: Jan-Apr 2015 figures are taken here, not the entire year).
- Maruti Dzire is finally the best-selling car in 2018 (Jan-April period)
- Maruti has moved up in value chain, now it is selling more ₹ 5 Lakhs+ products (Ignis+Swift+Baleno+Dzire+Ertiga+Ciaz+Scross) than under ₹ 5 Lakhs products (Omni+Alto+Ecco+Wagon R+Celerio)
- Hyundai is more successful with higher priced volume-generating-products (i20+Creta)
- Tata is making strong in-road with the new products (Tiago+Nexon), while Mahindra is still banking on old work horse (Bolero+Scorpio)
- Renault’s wonder kid (Kwid) is in free fall (#7-#12-#16), high time for Renault to arrest the fall
(The article is written by Rohan Rishi. You can connect with him at firstname.lastname@example.org)