Maruti Suzuki Consumer Offer/Scheme for October 2018
Our endeavor always have been to make our analysis better month-after-month. In our this month post of the Offers; we have done a comparative study of the discounts offered by the OEM (Maruti) for Oct’18 v/s the discounts of Sep’18. The purpose of this study is to highlight on how the OEMs design their discount schemes and what logic would’ve been used at their end to promote their cars. In Oct’18 scheme highlighted in the aforementioned table; you could see that schemes have reduced in majority of the Maruti’s models. Why is that? Let us explain:
- Being a festive month (Dussehra in North/West; Durga Puja in East & Ayudha Pooja in South); Maruti is aware that the customers would go ahead with their purchase irrespective of drop of discounts. Hence shelling out more discounts would be avoided and thus the OEM shall save some promotion money.
- Also discounts would be reduced on the models where the inventory/stock levels are lower. The concept is simple; one would not discount a product where the stock availability is less. Seeing the wholesale trend; the Alto, Wagon R, Celerio, Eeco dispatches were lower in the previous months and basis the festivity the discounts have been lowered in these models.
- However, Discounts on demand-models like Swift & Dzire has been increased! Maruti has heavily pushed these two models in the previous months to ward off competition (Ex: Swift wholesales in Sep’18 was higher than Alto!). Also Dzire was pushed to dealers to shorten the waiting period citing the success of New Amaze and upcoming launch of Ford’s Aspire & Tata’s Tigor. The diesel models of both Dzire & Swift now has Rs.10k more discount in Oct’18 v/s Sep’18!
- Considering the upcoming launch of the New Ertiga, the discounts on the old Ertiga have shot up! One can avail discounts upto Rs.70,000 on the Ertiga!
The discount on Maruti models has been highlighted here in Descending Order (Ex: Ertiga has the highest offer for Oct’18 and has been mentioned first)
1. Ertiga: The outgoing Ertiga has now a discount of upto Rs.70,000! The launch of Next Gen Ertiga is on the cards and Maruti would want to liquidate the old gen cars on priority.
Ertiga Diesel discount is increased by Rs 20,000 and total cash discount on Diesel Ertiga is Rs 40,000. There’s also an exchange bonus of Rs. 30,000. Cars older than 7 years gets Rs 20,000 exchange bonus.
Celerio is available with a maximum discount of Rs. 60,000. The AMT petrol and CNG variants gets a cash discount of Rs. 30,000, while the MT variants get a cash discount of Rs. 25,000. There is an exchange bonus of Rs. 30,000 on AMT and Rs. 25,000 on the MT models. For cars older than 7 years, the exchange bonus is Rs. 20,000.
All time best selling Maruti Alto 800 is currently available with discounts of up to Rs. 45,000. (15,000 cash discount + Exchange Bonus of 30,000). All variants of the car get Rs. 30,000 exchange bonus (on old car less than seven years old). If the old car is older than 7 years, the exchange bonus is Rs. 20,000.
4. Wagon R:
WagonR is currently available with a cash discount of Rs. 25,000. Additionally, there’s an exchange bonus of Rs. 25,000 on the petrol AMT and Rs. 20,000 on the MT Variants. The exchange bonus is Rs. 5,000 lesser for cars older than 7 years.
5. Swift & Dzire:
Swift petrol is available with Rs. 15,000 and diesel with Rs 20,000 cash discount. Discount on diesel variants increses by 5,000 comapring to last month. Exchange bonuses on the petrol and diesel Swifts stand at Rs. 10,000 and Rs. 20,000, respectively. However, this bonus reduces by Rs. 5,000 on cars older than 7 years.
Dzire and swift gets the same offers