The Indian Auto Industry grew a healthy 37.8% YoY as the last year’s base was low (due to GST transition). Apart from Renault, Nissan, VW & Fiat all other OEMs reported a positive growth
- Maruti drops below 50% Market Share even though the OEM grew a humongous 44% YoY!
- Hyundai grew a modest 20.8% YoY backed by New Creta & i20 launch
- Toyota’s growth was phenomenal basis Yaris performance (also it was affected the most during GST implementation)
- Tata Motors dethroned Mahindra from the 3rd spot!
- Even Honda overtook Mahindra’s passenger vehicle sales by a very strong market response for its newly launched Amaze.
- Ford too had a great month and the same is attributed to the newly launched Freestyle!