Let’s see the Top sellers in the Compact SUV & SUV space –
- Almost all models in the segment degrew in July’18. So, where are the segment customers going? Possibly to compact sedan (say New Amaze) or Crossovers (say Freestyle)?
- Ecosport beats Nexon & WRV to stand 2nd in the ranking. No one is even close to segment topper Brezza – However, the race to be No.2 has gone very competetive and Ford/Tata/Honda are fighting hard for it.
- TUV300 along with its plus iteration hasn’t been doing really well. The sales are limited to Tier-3 & Tier-4 cities. (TUV sold 1457 units & TUV Plus sold 634 units).
- S-Cross has been on a roll post the facelift. The model has been doing unbelievably well and the sales have almost doubled from the same period last time.
- Creta is the dominant model here and sells considerably more than any other offering in the segment. However, the New Creta degrew 1% in July’18 v/s July’17.
- The new iteration of XUV500 has helped the model jump back to ~3k volumes. It has also got significant lead over Jeep’s Compass.
- Duster = Captur (quite literally in sales volumes too). With meager difference in pricing and no significant value proposition difference between the two models has put Renault India in a tricky situation.
- Ford has attempted to revive a dying segment and also gained sales in the process. With the sloping volumes of Figo hatch, Ford took a daring turn with Freestyle and seems to have worked positively as of now for the American carmaker.