You may be thinking on why are we publishing a separate post on the Top 10 selling Two Wheelers of Mar’19 first and not the modelwise sales figures? The primary reasons are –
- The Top 10 selling Two Wheelers sold a combine 9,48,272 units out of the overall 14,40,663 units of Two Wheelers sold in Mar’19! The Top 10 contributed ~66% of the overall 2-wheelers sold in the country.
- The Top 3 two wheelers contributed to ~38% of the overall Two Wheeler sales!
- The Numero Uno selling Two Wheeler Splendor recorded a sales of 2,46,656 units in Mar’19; which was almost same as the overall sales of the No.2 Two Wheeler OEM (TVS)!
- A record fall in scooters sales seen. Activa’s YoY degrowth was a magnanimous -29%. To add to the misery, Activa was the only Honda model in the Top 10 list!
- Bajaj’s strategy to focus on only bikes has worked a charm for the OEM. The revision in prices has paid off really well and the sales of Pulsar almost tripled & Platina almost doubled!
- No Royal Enfield Classic in the Top 10 list? The decelerating sales of RE models (except the 650 Twins) have become a sore point for the legendary bike maker. And this is the scenario when the Jawa supply has still not taken off – what shall happen once Mahindra starts shipping Jawa bikes in full swing?
A look at the Top 10 selling models –
- Apart from Pulsar, Platina & Access no other model registered a positive growth.
- The overall sales of Top 10 models dipped -9% in Mar’19 v/s Mar’18.
- Passion sales seems to be struggling and has almost halved. Platina effect?
- Access emerges to be the dark horse and has almost matched Jupiter’s sales. The fight for No.2 scooter spot intensifies!