- New Creta was the Best Selling Hyundai of May 2018 and emerged as the 7th Best Selling model in May.
- New Amaze was the Best Selling Honda for May’18 and in fact it clocked the highest ever monthly sales for a single Honda model yet!
- S-Cross volumes seems to have jumped quite efficiently. It overtook the sales of Ignis & Ciaz in the month of May’18.
- Baleno impresses again with its numbers and sells more than the newly launched Swift!
- Vitara Brezza Automatic variant was launched last month and it does similar numbers to that of Wagon R.
- Tiago continues to be the best selling Tata model and we are happy to see that the volumes have stabilized ~7k average/month.
- Ecosport overtakes both Nexon & WRV and places itself as the 18th best seller.
New launches have been the key for double digit growth in the industry and let’s see how they fared in their respective segments as well:
Top Selling SUVs –
- Creta grew a stellar 31% YoY and registered a sale of 11,004 units.
- Similarly, with the help of updated XUV the model was able to grow 32% YoY!
Top Selling Compact Sedans –
- Seeing the numbers it’s quite evident that the race will be between Dzire v/s Amaze in this dying segment. The launch of New Amaze has revived the segment in many ways and it should not be an easy sell for both Maruti & Honda.
Top Selling Compact Hatch Crossovers –
- While the likes of the Hyundai & Toyota have failed in the segment, Ford has invested big with its Freestyle. The initial numbers are pretty impressive. But, will it sustain?
Top Selling Sedans –
- This is rather the most intense and competitive segment in the Industry. With Yaris coming in, the Race to the Top is indeed going to be interesting.