As promised in our previous post, we are happy to present the 30 Best Sellers of 2017! It is an interesting point – you may ask why we have covered 30 Top selling cars (why not 5? or why not 50?) . There is not point covering Top 5 (as all 5 are from Maruti Suzuki’s stable!). Also we didn’t want to cover more than 30 models as it would lose significance. We have also categorized Nexa separately to highlight the speed with which Nexa has made its presence in the Top sellers list. We’ve tried to calculate the modelwise YoY growth as well to understand the said model’s performance over last year. So the Best Sellers are –
- There is no other OEM models in the Top 10 apart from Maruti’s/Hyundai’s!
- Baleno makes its presence strongly felt and registers itself as the Third Best Selling car of 2017! It sells almost double of Hyundai’s i20!
- Maruti+Nexa had 12 models in the Top 30 selling cars! Whereas, Hyundai had 5. If other OEMs need to break the dominance of these 2 OEMs, they ought to have a model in the Top 10! It is really needed that Honda, Mahindra, Tata, Toyota, Renault to have atleast 1 model each in the Top 10.
- Tata has only Tiago in the list. Can Nexon make it to the list next year?
- Honda & Mahindra have 4 models each in the list.
- One Product dependent OEMs have a pretty bad time as the entire OEMs performance is dependent on this 1 model! Ex: Ford (Ecosport), Renault (Kwid), Toyota (Innova), Datsun (Redi-GO).