After a stellar sales performance in Oct’19; all eyes were on Nov’19 to see how the Industry would fare post the festive season. And honestly; we believe that the sales volumes were still encouraging as the Passenger Vehicle sales posted a flat growth in Nov’19 v/s Nov’18. However; the flat growth was primarily fueled by the 2 new entrants (Kia & MG). Citing end of calendar year many OEMs tried to rationalize the dispatches to dealers which in turn was reflected in their Wholesale figures. Apart from Hyundai, Renault & VW – All OEMs reported a Negative YoY Growth. The Passenger Vehicle Sales stood at 2,62,958 units in Nov’19 vis-a-vis 2,64,699 units in Nov’18.
- The Industry Leader Maruti lost 1.4% Market Share in Nov’19. However; it still commands >50% Market Share in the Indian Automotive sphere.
- Hyundai posted a YoY growth of 2%; but the Market Share gain was only 0.4%. Venue recently crossed 1 Lakh bookings and has played a very important part in Hyundai’s sales sustenance in this fiscal year.
- Mahindra is slowly losing edge in the UVs race and it has to do something radical to regain its turf. The Indian MNC degrew -6% YoY and and lost -0.3% Market Share too.
- Kia has done the unthinkable and places itself into the FOURTH Spot within 4th month of its Sales Operation! The Korean major posted a stellar 14,005 units in Nov’19 and that too with a single model (Seltos). It crossed 5% Market Share in Nov’19 and sold higher than the likes of Renault, Toyota, Tata & Honda!
- Renault jumps to the fifth spot and managed to cross 10k sales mark in Nov’19. Triber has gained good acceptance and is backed with the refreshed Kwid. The French Automaker now needs to sustain steady volume to make a larger impact in the Indian market.
- The fall in Tata & Honda volumes is plethoric! Tata lost 2.9% Market Share in Nov’19 v/s Nov’18 while Honda’s fall of Market Share was -2.5%. While Tata has new models (Altroz, Gravitas) in pipeline; Honda doesn’t look to have a aggressive launch strategy in coming days.
- MG has an impressive start and clocks >3k for second consecutive month. Hector is commanding a strong waiting period and has garnered more than anticipated acceptance too!
Market Share figures for Nov’19 –