Over 6.7 Lakh Passenger Vehicles were exported from India in FY2019-20 and Top 25 exported vehicles contributed to 93% of the exports!
- Ford’s Ecosport topped the list with export of over 88k units in FY2019-20. Ecosport has consistently been India’s most exported vehicle for quite some years now. Even in FY19; Ecosport was the highest exported car from India. Made in India Ford cars are exported to over 50 countries across Europe, Middle-East, Sub-Saharan Africa, Asia, and to emerging markets in North America as well as in Australia.
- GM India primarily remains as an export player with manufacturing plant in Talegaon, Maharashtra. It exported a total of 69,933 Beat hatchbacks, down 9.6% YoY. This is the only model the company produces at the plant, which has huge idle capacity. GM exports the Beat primarily to the Latin American countries.
- Nissan Motor India – once a strong exporter has only 1 model in the Top 20. The Sunny Sedan makes up the bulk of its export, with 66,667 units and grew 62.9% YoY.
- Taking prime position in Hyundai Motor India’s exports is the Verna sedan, with shipments of 60,065 units and accounting for 35.36% of the company’s overall exports. Hyundai India currently exports to over 91 countries across Africa, Middle-East, Latin America, Australia and Asia Pacific. While there is a high demand for the Grand i10 and i20 in Africa and Latin America, the Verna is a popular model in the Middle East.
- India’s Passenger Vehicle market leader Maruti Suzuki is at third position in the export list with shipments of 1,00,294 units (link). And Baleno was Maruti’s highest exported model in FY2020.
- Kia makes an entry into the Top 10 of this list too! Seltos was the 10th most exported vehicle from India in FY2020. Kia was able to export over 21k units of Seltos in the past 8 months of its operation in India.