July 2020 Two Wheeler domestic dispatches in July 2020 was 12,81,354 units and exports registered was 1,81,021 units. The domestic dispatches recorded a degrowth of -15.2%; while exports fell by -41%.
OEM wise domestic dispatches for July 2020 –
- Hero Motocorp recorded a flat growth while the industry registered a YoY fall of -15.2%. This helped Hero gain a market share of record 5.74% in July’20 vis-a-vis July’19.
- Hero’s gain was practically Honda’s loss. Honda registered a degrowth of -32% and its market share dropped by a whopping -5.96%.
- TVS ranked third with dispatches of 1.89 L units and had a YoY decline of -9%. Its market share improved by 1.01%.
- Yamaha was the only mass market 2W maker to register a YoY growth in July 2020! It helped the Japanese 2W maker to improve its Market share by 0.73%.
- Mahindra saw dispatches of -23 units. Seems like sales return (from the dealerships).
OEM wise Two Wheeler Exports for July 2020 –
- The exports volumes almost halved in July 2020 v/s July 2019. The country’s biggest 2W exporter Bajaj Auto recorded a YoY drop of -43.1% in terms of exports!
- TVS fared better than other OEMs and its exports volume decline was just -5.3% YoY.
- Harley Davidson exports shot up by 44.4% and around 221 bikes were exported in July 2020.