While the lockdown imposed by the Indian Government due to Covid 19 had a serious impact on the Automobile Industry; the repercussions were seen across the channel – The OEM dispatches stopped, dealers are reeling with inventory and even the purchase plan of the end customers got deferred temporarily. Already reeling Auto Industry will now have to brace the impact of reduced liquidity, fluctuating markets, decreasing purchase potential and probably a global slowdown!
However; we are comparing the sales analysis of March 2020 with 1 factor in mind – All OEMs would have had an equal and fair chance till the lockdown was announced; hence our top selling cars analysis and segmentwise analysis shall still give us an understanding of how the models / segments fared in the last month.
- Baleno toppled the likes of Alto & Brezza to become the Number 1 selling car in India for March 2020!
- Surprisingly Maruti’s Dzire came 10th in the list of 10 best selling cars! Maybe non-availability of diesel-variant is making an impact? (significant amount of Diesel Dzire was sold as taxis).
- Top 5 cars had 4 models from Maruti & 1 from Kia! Kia Seltos makes to the Top 5 for the second consecutive month and saved it spot from the newly launched Creta as well. Kia seltos was also the best selling SUV for March 2020.
- The New Creta was the best selling Hyundai for March 202o. It outsold its sibling Venue by quite a margin and has its eyes set on the Seltos now.
- Eeco & Brezza ranked 8th & 9th respectively. Eeco is now regularly faring in the Top 10 selling cars in India.