Ford Ecosport remains India’s No.1 Exported vehicle in the first 6 months of FY2021 (Apr-Sep’20). It was followed by GM’s Beat and Kia Seltos.
OEMwise Exports Statistics for H1 FY2021 –
Top 10 Exported vehicle from India in FY21 –
|Rank||OEM||Model||H1 FY21||H1 FY20||YoY|
- Ford’s Ecosport was India’s Top Exported Passenger Vehicle and over 21k units were shipped in the first half of FY21. Also refer the Top 25 exported PVs for FY20 – here.
- General Motors Beat stood second in the list and was just 62 units ahead of Kia’s Seltos. The future of Beat now depends on Great Wall Motors takeover of the Talegaon plant.
- Kia has been able to significantly ramp up production for exports too. Seltos is now India’s Third Largest Exported Passenger Vehicle and also the No.1 exported Mid SUV! Seltos is currently being exported to over 40 countries in South Africa, South America & South Asian markets from the Indian subcontinent.
- India will serve as a core manufacturing hub for Kia and even Sonet will be exported to over 70 countries. Do note that Sonet is currently being produced only in India and will be shipped to markets like Middle-East, Africa, Latin America and Asia. Around 38 units of the Sonet were exported in the first month itself (Sep’20).
- 3 Executive Sedans fare in the Top 10 list! While these models do not have such acceptance in the Indian market; export volumes are surely encouraging. VW Vento is the highest exported Executive Sedan; followed by Hyundai’s Verna & Nissan Sunny!
- S-Presso is Maruti’s Top exported vehicle! S-Presso which has been conceptualized and designed in India is exported to parts of Asia, Latin America and Africa.
Modelwise Exports Statistics for FY2021 –