Around 11,27,917 two wheelers were dispatched in December 2020 from OEMs to their respective dealerships. The Industry recorded a growth of 7.4% in Dec’20 v/s Dec’19.
OEMwise Sales Snapshot –
- The Two Wheeler Sales had a single digit growth of 7.4% in Dec 2020 v/s Dec 2019. The overall two wheeler sales managed to cross 11 Lakh units in Dec 2020.
- Hero Moto Corp was the No.1 Two Wheeler manufacturer in Dec’20 and the OEM sales grew by just 3.2% YoY. Its Market Share fell the highest in the Industry – from 39.24 in Dec’19 to 37.68% in Dec’20.
- Honda registered the Market Share fall of -0.46% even though the sales grew by 5.1% YoY.
- Royal Enfield recorded one of the highest YoY growth at 35.1% and its Market Share jumped by 1.19% to 5.81%.
- Bajaj Auto volumes increased by 3.6% YoY and its market share fell by -0.42%.
Market Share Graph –