The Mini Trucks sales registered a drop of -50% YoY and Pick Ups dipped by -33% in H1 FY2021 v/s same period compared to last year.
Mini Trucks Sales for H1 FY2021 –
- Tata is the clear leader in this category and Ace/Ace Zip sales were 2.6 times higher than Mahindra’s Jeeto/Maxximo/Supro. However; Tata Motors recorded drop in Market Share.
- Maruti’s Super Carry has gained significantly and commanded a Market Share of 18% in H1 FY2021 even though the YoY sales fell by -34%.
Pickup Sales for H1 FY2021 –
- Drop in Pickup Sales was lower than that of Mini Trucks (-33% v/s -50%). And Mahindra was the clear winner in this segment.
- Bolero Pickup/Imperio/Supro volumes was over 52k units and collectively commanded a Market Share of 66%. Do note that Mahindra’s Pick Up Sales is higher than overall Mini Truck sales!
- Tata just couldn’t dent Mahindra’s volumes in the segment and its Market Share remained stagnant in FY2021.
- Ashok Leyland Dost had a promising run till date; but it lost Market Share in FY2021. Tata superseded Ashok Leyland’s volumes in FY2021 and was primarily due to delay in launch of BS6 Dost. Ashok Leyland has also tried to strengthen its position in the segment with the launch of Bada Dost.
- -98% fall in Isuzu’s sales in the segment?