While the overall passenger vehicle registrations had grown by 9.8% YoY; Luxury Car Sales remains in red and recorded a fall of 22% YoY.
OEM wise Luxury Cars Sales in September 2020 –
- As per the registration figures released by the Federation of Automobile Dealers Associations of India (FADA), majority luxury brands registered significant sales decline in Sep’20 as compared to Sep’19.
- Mercedes Benz remained the undisputed No.1 Luxury Car maker in India and recorded a Market Share of 35.5% in Sep’20. However; the sales fell by -26.8% YoY against Industry average of -22%.
- BMW India too reported a 22.16 per cent sales decline, from 600 units in Sep’19 to 467 units in Sep’20.
- Audi India has been on a product offensive and is giving it some positive results as the base was much smaller last year. It has a strong new launches product line up too (Q2, Q8 Celebration model) and the company is claiming that the business is now back on track (Source).
- JLR recorded the steepest YoY fall and only 135 vehicles were registered in Sep’20. Its Market Share drop was the highest too (-4.9%).
- Ferrari could sell only 1 vehicle last month as compared to 2 units in Sep’19. Bentley, which had sold 4 units in Sep’19, couldn’t sell even a single unit last month.
- The above numbers do not have figures from AP, MP, LD & TS as all these States/UT’s are not yet on Vahan 4.
- Vehicle Registration Data has been collated as on 06.10.20 and in collaboration with Ministry of Road Transport & Highways, Government of India and has been gathered from 1,254 out of 1,461 RTOs.