MUV Segment grew 11% YoY backed by strong performance from Ertiga & Bolero. The segment has not seen any major launches in 2020 and yet is growing continuously.
- Ertiga + XL6 sold a 12,069 units and contributed to 44% of the segment’s volumes! The duo have been a runaway success and is bringing in significant volumes to both Arena & Nexa channels of Maruti. The model is also planned to be rebadged and sold from Toyota showrooms too in near future!
- Mahindra’s oldest workhorse Bolero still sells like hotcake. The model grew a phenomenal 39% YoY and was backed by strong rural demand. Bolero single handedly contributed ~40% of Mahindra’s volumes in Sep’20!
- Triber volumes is now tapering down and the model sales fell -12% YoY. Triber was the Renault’s most successful launch of 2019; and falling volumes is not a good sign.
- XL6 too recorded a massive fall in YoY volumes (-46%). Believe; customers are not ready to accept the 6 seater Ertiga?
- Innova Crysta is getting back in shape – Post Lockdown; the model volumes had dropped significantly and is now slowly gaining traction.