The Top 10 states in terms of Two Wheeler Sales for Aug 2020 is as shown –
- The Top 10 states contributed to over 76% of the Two Wheeler sales in India!
- Eastern States had a clear majority in terms of two wheeler registrations. Bihar & WB fared in the Top 5!
- Uttar Pradesh remains the undisputed No.1 State.
- Uttar Pradesh was the No.1 state in terms of Two Wheeler registrations! It sold a 1.16 times more than the second ranked state. However; it also recorded a sales dip of -42.2% YoY!
- Tamil Nadu ranked second all India and emerged the No.1 state in South India in terms of Two Wheeler Registrations! Around 1,10,757 two wheelers were registered in Tamil Nadu in August 2020.
- Maharashtra stood third in the tally and 84,000 units of two wheelers were registered last month. It anyhow saw a drop of -24.8% sales YoY.
- Bihar & West Bengal were the two eastern states in Top 5! Bihar registered a sales of 69,441 units and around 65,711 Two wheeler registrations were done in West Bengal.
1- The above numbers do not have figures from AP, AN, MP, LD & TS as all these States/UT’s are not yet on Vahan 4.
2- Vehicle Registration Data has been collated as on 07.09.20 and in collaboration with Ministry of Road Transport & Highways, Government of India and has been gathered from 1,242 out of 1,450 RTOs.