Kia Seltos crossed 1 Lakh units sales within 13 months of its launch! Earlier; the record for the fastest 1 Lakh unit sales was held by Hyundai’s Creta.
Kia Seltos Sales Trend –
- Seltos has been undoubtedly the biggest launch of 2019 and has helped Kia establish a solid 6% Market Share in the Indian market.
- Since launch; the Seltos has locked horns with Creta and while it clearly outperformed the outgoing generation – It is still fighting neck to neck with the New Creta.
- Seltos sold an average of 8,433 units per month in the past 13 months. Do note this calculation also considers Apr’20 performance which was primarily nil due to the lockdown.
- Hyundai’s Creta when launched in 2015; took 15 months to cross the 1 Lakh sales mark. It created a benchmark at that time and wasn’t broken by any model yet!
- Renault’s Duster was also a successful launch at its time – However; it had taken 26 months to cross the 1 Lakh sales milestone.
- Even Compact SUVs haven’t got such response (exception being Brezza) –
- Brezza crossed 1 Lakh unit sales in 12 months.
- Ford took 23 months to cross 1 Lakh sales for its Ecosport
- Hyundai’s Venue was able to breach the 1 Lakh sales mark in 15 months!
- Tata Nexon shot the 1 Lakh sales mark post 24 months after launch.
Kia has upped the ante with the upcoming launch of Sonet and will have a clear presence in the SUV space. Will it replicate the success run of Seltos? Only time shall tell.