Hexa is one of the most ambitious project of Tata Motors and a lot is at stake for the Indian Automaker with its launch. Let’s see how the product’s success will be significant for Tata –
- It will be Tata’s second attempt to step in the premium vehicle space. Earlier Tata’s have burnt their fingers with the Aria and would want to ensure that they leave no stone unturned for Hexa’s success. Also note that Hexa will be the costliest Tata vehicle to be displayed in the showroom as on date.
- Tata Brand Repositioning – With Hexa, Tata would want to go away with the badge of manufacturing ‘unreliable’, ‘cheap’ and ‘low quality’ cars. Tata’s have invested a lot of time and money in terms of making Hexa niggle-free, premium and feature laden car.
- Cater to a unrepresented market – MUV space in the Rs.12-18 Lakhs is empty as of now (earlier catered by the previous-gen Innova). Literally Hexa got to fill Innova’s shoes; which is not an easy task at all! The customers in this segment have already got habituated with Innova’s quality and reliability – it’ll be a big feat for Tata if they are able to successfully lure these customers to their fold.
- Will ensure sustainability – After a lot of turmoil, Tata’s saw growth in the Indian operations last year due to the success of Tiago. They’d want to continue this momentum with Hexa and enhance their overall volumes.
Before talking about the specs, lets look on how Tata has worked to improve Hexa’s quality aspect. Some of the components were sourced internationally. For Ex –
- LED tail lamps from South Korea
- Brushed Aluminum surrounds on air vents from Germany
- Soft touch plastics from USA
- Seat covers from Germany Benecke-kaliko
Tata claims to have put the Hexa through 8 lakh km of road testing (cumulative). The Hexa was tested across three continents – Asia, Australia and Europe, in temperatures ranging from – 20 C to 50 C. Detailed Supplier list here for reference:
Hexa was launched on 18th Jan 2017 amongst much fanfare. It is currently available with a 2.2L Diesel engine and offers a fuel efficiency of 14.4 kmpl. The price (ex-showroom Delhi) for the variants are:
Also let’s have a look at the specifications of Hexa:
Comfort & Convenience Features: