Over 19k Sub-4m Compact SUVs were sold in India in the first 3 months of the Financial Year 2020-21!
Things to note before going through the analysis:
- April 2020 registered ZERO sales due to the month-wide national lockdown.
- May 2020 too was hugely affected by the Covid-19 pandemic and many parts of the country were still resuming businesses slowly.
- June 2020 saw the recovery trend and numbers improved. However; the uncertainty due the rising Covid19 still lurks around.
- Hyundai Venue emerged as the best selling Compact SUV for Q1 FY2021 with a Market Share of 28%.
- Maruti Brezza slipped to the 2nd spot and could manage a Market Share of just 26%.
- Tata’s Nexon overtook the likes of XUV300 & Ecosport and sealed the third position. The refreshed avatar gave the required boost to the model.
- The models excluded from the aforementioned chart are WR-V & TUV300 which could garner a Market Share of 4% & 0% respectively.
Modelwise Volumes & Market Share Statistics is as mentioned: