- Chevrolet’s Enjoy crosses 1,000 for the second time in this year. It also overtook the breadwinners (Tavera & Beat) for Chevy. The rationalization of price for this model has worked well and the result is visible. (PS: We suspect majority of the Enjoy’s being sold in Taxis as well)
- Fiat is yet again clueless on its strategy and is finding it extremely hard to sustain whatever volumes it’s currently doing. Recently they have announced a revision on the prices of Punto Evo & Linea – While both the products will offer attractive price proposition; consumer acceptance will still remain a challenge.
- Ford’s Aspire did the highest numbers in Dec’16 in this calendar year! But Ecosport’s dip is beyond understanding. Also Endeavor posted its all-time highest sales. Quite a confusing month from Ford!
- BRV’s volume jumped 4 times in Dec’16 compared to Nov’16. Honda had announced offers upto Rs.1 Lakh on the BRV in Dec’16 – we expect the deal saved the day for Honda. Amaze has started doing well for the Japanese car maker and overtook City’s volumes in Dec’16. However, with the updated City in pipeline we foresee the marquee to jump back to dominance in coming months.
- Nissan still doesn’t seem ‘redi’ for the Indian market. While Kwid is working wonders for Renault, its cousin Redi-GO seems to be failing.
- Tata is now doing good with Zest & Tiago. But, the volume sellers – Indica and Indigo have scaled down significantly. Tata’s need to realize that all cylinder’s have to fire to extract best performance (i.e. all models have to do good numbers).
A look at Top 25 selling brands –
11 out of Top 25 belong from Maruti+Nexa –