A look at YoY Growth of the Two Wheeler OEMs and the Industry –
- Two Wheeler Industry grew a healthy 7.2% v/s the same period last year.
- Hero Moto Corp stands at the Pole position and with improving sales of Motorcycles has been widening the gap with Honda Motorcycles. Hero grew just 2.1% YoY and was able to cross 6 Lakh unit sales in Nov’18.
- TVS & Bajaj have both shown exemplary growth this year. TVS has pepped up its scooter sales and was able to scale up its volumes pretty significantly. Both Jupiter & NTorq have been doing well in 110cc & 125cc segments. While Bajaj with its dynamic pricing of entry level two wheelers have escalated its sales numbers impressively.
- Royal Enfield volumes are kind of stagnating and have actually de-grew -4.1% YoY. We hope that 650cc Interceptor & Continental will change the scenario for this iconic Two Wheeler maker.
Market Share Graph:
- The Top 4 Two Wheeler manufacturers capture ~90% Market Share! This speaks volumes about the dominance well-established brands have in India. Even the Top 2 OEMs (Hero+Honda) cater to >60% of Two Wheeler sales in India!