Around 18,304 units of Premium Hatchbacks were sold in the first 3 months of FY 2021! Baleno topped the segment with sales of 5,887 units and Market Share of 32%.
- Nexa’s Baleno held on to its best selling Premium Hatchback crown in Q1 FY2021. Almost 1 out of every 3 Premium Hatchback sold in India was a Baleno!
- Tata’s Altroz pipped Hyundai’s i20 to become the second best selling Premium Hatchback in Q1 FY21! Altroz sold significantly higher than i20 and commanded a Market Share of 24%.
- Hyundai’s i20 volumes seems to be tapering down – Is it due to the anticipation of the Next Gen i20? We think so.
- Polo still is the best selling model for VW and the model ranks 4th in terms of Premium Hatchback sales. The model fared much better than the likes of Glanza and garnered 13% Market Share in Q1 FY21.
- Freestyle managed to sell just 563 units in the first quarter of FY21. Also Honda’s Jazz recorded ZERO sales (as the BS6 model was still not launched).