Vehicle registration data published by the Federation of Automobile Dealers Associations (FADA) shows that a total of 10,16,977 two-wheelers were sold across the country in Sep’20. YoY sales has fallen by -12.62%, as compared to 11,63,918 units sold in September last year.
The Top 10 states in terms of Two Wheeler Sales for Sep 2020 is as shown –
- The Top 10 states contributed to over 79% of the Two Wheeler sales in India!
- West Bengal was the only state in Top 10 apart from TN to register a YoY growth and the sales improved by 12.2%.
- Uttar Pradesh was toppled from the No.1 position and Tamil Nadu took the top slot.
- Tamil Nadu impressively outsold the No.1 state Uttar Pradesh in terms of Two Wheeler registrations! It sold a 1.12 times more than UP. It also recorded one of the highest YoY sales growth!
- Maharashtra stood third in the tally and was just 17,789 units short of TN.
- Bihar & West Bengal were the two eastern states in Top 10. Bihar registered a sales of 70,798 units and around 1,03,648 Two wheeler registrations were done in West Bengal.
- The above numbers do not have figures from AP, MP, LD & TS as all these States/UT’s are not yet on Vahan 4.
- Vehicle Registration Data has been collated as on 06.10.20 and in collaboration with Ministry of Road Transport & Highways, Government of India and has been gathered from 1,254 out of 1,461 RTOs.