Two Wheeler Exports fell by -56.5% in FY21 v/s FY20. Only 5.19L Two Wheelers were exported in Apr-July 2020 vis-a-vis 11.92L units exported in similar period last year.
- Bajaj maintained its dominance in exports and commanded a market share of 57.8%. While the domestic sales was ailing; Bajaj’s focus on exports is helping manage its financials and capacity utilization even in tough times. Bajaj exports its bikes to over 70 countries and its primary export markets are Africa, Latin America and Middle Eastern countries.
- TVS too followed Bajaj’s footsteps and has a significant volume coming in from exports. It enjoys a Market Share of 23.8% in Two Wheeler exports and is currently exporting vehicles to over 60 countries in the world!
- India’s No.1 Two Wheeler manufacturer (Hero Motocorp) ranks third in export volumes. In the first four months of FY21; Hero could export only 32,490 two wheelers and registered a YoY drop of -47.4%.
Top 25 Exported Passenger Vehicles in India (Apr-July’20) –
- Bajaj Boxer is the largest exported two wheeler in FY21 as well. 1 out of 3 two wheelers exported from India was a Boxer! Bajaj’s Boxer has a huge demand in African & Latin American countries. Bajaj is also the market leader in many of the African two-wheeler markets and commands a price premium too over the competition!
- Competing with the Boxer in many markets is the ‘Made-in-India’ TVS Star City. The model saw a combined export volume of 93,529 units.
- Bajaj is leveraging on its exports capability for brand KTM as well. Duke 390 was the 8th most exported two wheeler from India in FY21. Over 12.9k units were shipped between April to July 2020.
- While Splendor was Hero’s best bike in terms of exports; Navi led the exports from Honda’s stable.