The Top 25 selling cars contributed to over 81% of the cars sold in India! Maruti dominated the list with 10 models and was followed by Hyundai (5 models) and Tata (3 models).
List of Top 25 selling Cars in India for October 2020 –
- The Top 5 selling cars in Oct’20 were from Maruti’s stable. The best selling car was the Maruti Suzuki Swift and sold 24,589 units when compared to 19,401 units in the same period last year.
- The First Non-Maruti car on the list came from Hyundai – The Creta! Creta became the 6th best selling car and the No.1 selling SUV of Oct’20.
- Grand i10 was close and ranked 7th in the list. It sold over 14k units and grew a healthy 42% YoY.
- The only van in the entire list (Eeco) was also the 8th best selling passenger vehicle for the month. Eeco has been largely able to substantiate Omni’s volumes too.
- Kia’s Sonet could make up in the Top 10 and ranked 10th in the table. The model has a very successful launch and has easily overtaken the sibling Venue. Also note that Brezza has outsold both Sonet & Venue in Oct’20.
- Bolero remains Mahindra’s best selling car and ranked 16th. It was also the only Mahindra model in the Top 20!
- Nexon was the best selling Tata model for Oct’20 and ranked 18th. Altroz & Tiago followed closely and ranked 19th & 20th respectively.
- Amaze was the only Honda model in the Top 25 list and could sell 4,709 units in Oct’20. However; it registered a YoY degrowth of -8%.