The Indian Two Wheeler industry recorded exports of over 11 Lakh units between April – Sep 2020.
The Two Wheeler exports registered a decline of -38.3% in H1 FY2020-21 v/s H1 FY2019-20. The export volumes dipped from 17.93 L in H1 FY20 to 11.06 L in H1 FY21.
- Bajaj Auto continued to top the two-wheelers exporter’s list as the OEM sent over 6.28 Lakh units to its export markets. Bajaj two wheelers contributed to over 56% of the two wheelers exported from India. The export market share grew 4.7% in H1 FY21 for Bajaj.
- TVS came second and was able to export more than 2.5 Lakh units in the first half of FY21. The Indian OEMs – Bajaj & TVS combined command ~80% Market Share in terms of exports!
- The presence of Indian Two Wheeler manufacturers in global markets is rising. Latin America, South Asia, Africa and Europe are some of the regions where market share gains have been decent by the Indian OEMs.
- Honda’s export volumes fell one of the highest in FY21 (-62.5%). It also lost the highest market share (-3.8%) in terms of exports.
- Hero delivered a modest performance in terms of exports and the volumes fell -35.4% YoY. It however gained 0.24% exports share.