Top Selling Compact Sedans:
- Maruti is leaving no stone unturned to maintain its dominance in the segment and has been able to successfully maintain an average of >20k units in FY18-19. As a matter of fact; Maruti sold an average of 22,767 units of Dzire between Apr’18-Nov’18!
- Honda’s Amaze put forth a tough fight to the segment leader at the time of launch. However, it was not able to match Maruti’s counter attack of increased supply and enhanced offers. The volumes are gradually getting rationalized at ~5k units.
- Rest of the cars in the segment are just not showing any positive growth – the segment degrew by 0.1% in Nov’18 v/s Nov’17. The segment has seen a flat growth even though 2 models have got a fresh avatar (Amaze & Aspire).
Top Selling Compact SUVs:
- Brezza is growing strongly and shows no signs of leaving any scope for other players to come anywhere near to it. It has significantly increased its production and is consistently averaging ~15k units/mth.
- Nexon has been impressive with its consistency and has been regularly faring at No.2 spot in the list. It was significantly ahead of the No.3 contender (WRV) and looks to have stabilized with its volumes.
- WRV & Ecosport sold almost equivalent volumes in Nov’18.
Top Selling Sedans:
- The segment is going through a tough time. While Yaris could undoubtedly touted as the biggest failure of the year in terms of new launches; even the Ciaz hasn’t been able to gain significant volumes with the facelift – Ciaz degrew 4% in Nov’18 v/s Nov’17.
- City continues to garner significant volumes in the segment and ranks 2nd in the list. Honda has been offering lucrative discounts for the model to match it’s price with the counterparts.
- Verna stands third and sold just over 2.5k units in Nov’18.