Let’s see how the hatches fared in July’18 –
- Apart from Swift & Tiago, all other models degrew in July’18 v/s July’17.
- No new launches expected in this segment this year. The segment which used to be one of the most sought after segment in terms of volumes has slowly been losing heat. However, it still contributes to ~35% of the passenger vehicle volumes.
Premium Hatches sales performance –
- The 4 models in the segment now contributes to 1/9th of overall car sales! Tata’s 45X shall be launched in the segment and will be crucial launch for the Indian OEM.
- The New Jazz 2018 (launched on July 19th) couldn’t help the model revive volumes and degrew the highest at 37%.
- Polo is consistently losing numbers and is now averaging at ~1.5k nos/month. Any further drop in volumes shall be detrimental for brand VW.
MUV sales in July’18 –
- Nothing exciting in the segment currently. However, the New Ertiga has shaped up really well and was recently showcased in Indonesian Auto Expo – We expect the model to create a considerable rage in the segment and shall take the already well performing model to higher volumes.