The Top 10 selling cars sold a total of 1,43,896 units in Mar’18 and contributed to >50% of overall car sales in India! And 8 out of the Top 10 cars were from Maruti’s stable.
- Maruti’s most ‘Dzire’able car tops the chart and sells ~20k units in Mar’19. Dzire is now continuously ruling the chart and looks to stay here for a while.
- Baleno ranks second and sells >17k units in Mar’19. The Nexa’s blue eyed boy contributed to >65% of Nexa’s volumes in India.
- Alto is pushed to third rank and shows signs of ageing now. The entry-hatch volumes are draining down and 2 models mark their exit in FY19! (Nano & Eon). The performance of the models in the segment is as shown –
- The New Wagon R is working the trick and crossed 16k units after 11 months. The Tall Boy ranked 4th in the list.
- Dzire’s younger sibling Swift could only cross 14k units and stood fifth in the ranking table. Sixth Ranked Brezza was just 37 units short of Swift.
- i20 was Hyundai’s best seller for Mar’19 and sold over 12k units. Hyundai’s second best seller was Creta – Grand i10 now moves out of the Top 10! Maybe a refreshed avatar of Grand i10 is on the cards?