Mahindra was India’s Top Commercial Vehcile maker for August 2020 and it commanded a market share of 40.68%. Mahindra’s Market Share improved a phenomenal 17.1% in Aug’20 v/s Aug’19!
The Commercial Vehicle sales has been under tremendous pressure since FY2020 and this year the volumes have dipped to all time low levels. The Commercial Vehicle registrations dipped by -57.4% YoY and only 26,536 CVs were registered in August 2020.
OEM wise CV Sales / Registrations for August 2020 –
- Tata Motors CV sales fell by -73.2% and it lost Market Share of -15.9%. Tata’s loss was Mahindra’s gain!
- Ashok Leyland degrew -70.5% YoY and its market share fell by -4.7%
- Maruti Suzuki has been able to catch up well and increased its market share solely on a single model (Super Carry). Maruti’s Market Share increased from 3.26% in Aug’19 to 6.69% in Aug’20.
Statewise CV Sales for August 2020 –
- Tamil Nadu was India’s largest CV consumer and around 3,832 CVs were registered in August 2020.
- Maharashtra came in a close second and 3,654 units were retailed in August 2020. UP ranked third in the list and 2,625 CVs were sold in August 2020.
- The Top 5 states contributed to almost 54% of the overall CV sales. Also 80% of the CVs were sold in the Top 10 states!