The Commercial Vehicle sales has been under tremendous pressure since FY2020 and this year the volumes have dipped to all time low levels. The Commercial Vehicle registrations dipped by -72.2% YoY and only 19,293 CVs were registered in July 2020.
OEM wise CV Sales / Registrations for July 2020 –
- Mahindra was India’s Top CV maker for July 2020 and it commanded a market share of 46.29%. The OEM however degrew -48%.
- Tata Motors CV sales fell by -85.4% and it lost Market Share of -19.1%. Tata’s loss was Mahindra’s gain!
- Ashok Leyland degrew -85.9% YoY and its market share fell by -8.1%
- Maruti Suzuki has been able to catch up well and increased its market share solely on a single model (Super Carry). Maruti’s Market Share increased from 3.18% in July’19 to 8.39% in July’20.
Statewise CV Sales for July 2020 –
- Maharashtra was India’s largest CV consumer and around 2,317 CVs were registered in July 2020.
- Tamil Nadu came in a close second and 2,278 units were retailed in July 2020. UP ranked third in the list and 2,121 CVs were sold in July 2020.
- The Top 5 states contributed to almost 52% of the overall CV sales. Also 80% of the CVs were sold in the Top 10 states!
- The statistics are referred from FADA (Federation of Automobile Dealers Associations) July’20 Vehicle Registration Data. FADA Institute of Automobile Marketing & Research has compiled the data accordingly.
- The above numbers do not have figures from AP, AN, MP, LD & TS as all these States/UT’s are not yet on Vahan 4.
- Vehicle Registration Data has been collated as on 07.08.20 and in collaboration with Ministry of Road Transport & Highways, Government of India and has been gathered from 1,235 out of 1,445 RTOs.