Federation of Automobile Dealers Association has released July’20 Vehicle Registration Data today. And this time, they have done a commendable job in terms of collating the OEMwise registration data!
Snippets from FADA’s Press Release –
- Vehicle Registration for July tanks by -36% as India continues to fight with Covid-19.
- On a YoY basis, 2-Wheeler degrows by -37.47%, 3-Wheeler by -74.33%, CV by -72.18%, and PV by -25.19%. Tractor registration continues its positive momentum showing a growth of 37.24%.
Category wise Vehicle Registration / Retail Data –
1- The above numbers do not have figures from AP, AN, MP, LD & TS as all these States/UT’s are not yet on Vahan 4.
2- Vehicle Registration Data has been collated as on 07.08.20 and in collaboration with Ministry of Road Transport & Highways, Government of India and has been gathered from 1,235 out of 1,445 RTOs.
- Tractors was the only category which showed YoY growth in July 2020. It grew a impressive 37.2% in July’20 v/s July’19. It was backed by good monsoons and better yield this year. Companies like Sonalika posted their all time highest domestic sales growth (WS) in July 2020. Even Mahindra Tractors recorded a growth of 28% YoY (WS).
- Three Wheelers recorded the steepest YoY degrowth of -74.3%. With cities under incessant lockdown; the sale of three wheelers have impacted heavily and the sales fall seems inevitable now.
- Even CVs too registered >70% YoY degrowth. The segment has taken a huge beating in Covid19 era and both trucks/buses sales have come down drastically.
OEM wise Passenger Cars Market Share Data for July-20 with YoY comparison –
- The pattern is similar to the Wholesale data reported (link). Maruti Suzuki reported an increase in Market Share YoY and was able to command a Market Share of >50% in July 2020.
- Hyundai ranked second and recorded a Market Share increase too.
- Tata had an impressive month where both Wholesale & Retails were better. It also increased its Market Share by 2% in July’20 v/s July’19
- Mahindra’s Market Share loss was the highest in July 2020. The Indian major’s market share dropped by -3.5% in July’20 v/s same period last year.
- Kia is on a roll. It is already commanding a Market Share of 4.5% within 1 year of operations. With Sonet; Kia is surely eyeing Mahindra’s & Tata’s spot.
- Skoda’s registrations recorded a mammoth growth of 61.8% YoY. Seems like the Rapid Rider variant was a success!