Tata Motors regains its throne from M&M as India’s largest Commercial Vehicle manufacturer in October 2020!
The Commercial Vehicle sales has been under tremendous pressure since FY2020. The Commercial Vehicle registrations dipped by -30.3% YoY and around 44,480 CVs were registered in October 2020.
OEM wise CV Sales / Registrations for October 2020 –
- Tata Motors CV sales fell by -41.3% YoY and it lost Market Share of -6.4%. Tata’s loss was almost Mahindra’s gain!
- It is the Small Commercial Vehicles (SCVs) which have helped M&M to fare better. Due to the rise of e-commerce and hub & spoke model – SCV segment has seen steady rise. Bolero Pickup and Supro were the key models which led to M&M’s rise in the segment.
- Ashok Leyland degrew -45.5% YoY and its market share fell by -3.3%.
- Maruti Suzuki has been able to catch up well and increased its market share solely on a single model (Super Carry). Maruti’s Market Share increased from 3.59% in Oct’19 to 5.14% in Oct’20. It was one of the sole CV OEMs to register a flat YoY growth.
- The above numbers do not have figures from AP, MP, LD & TS as all these States/UT’s are not yet on Vahan 4.
- Vehicle Registration Data has been collated as on 08.11.20 and in collaboration with Ministry of Road Transport & Highways, Government of India and has been gathered from 1,257 out of 1,464 RTOs.