Hyundai reported lifetime high monthly sales in Oct’20! Hyundai dispatched 56,605 units in October and registered a YoY & MoM growth of 13%.
|Model||Year-on-Year Comparo||Month-on-Month Comparo|
|Oct’20||Oct’19||Growth (%)||Oct’20||Sep’20||Growth (%)|
- Hyundai crossed the 56k monthly figure for the first time in its existence in the Indian market. The previous monthly highest sales volume was 52,001 units which was achieved exactly 2 years back (in Oct’18).
- Creta was the best seller for Hyundai and contributed to almost 25% of Hyundai’s sales in October 2020! The model also emerged as India’s best selling SUV for the month.Do note that Creta crossed the 14k sales mark for the first time since launch!
- i10 Nios was the OEMs second best seller and sold over 14k units. It registered a YoY growth of 42% and MoM growth of 35%. i10 Nios sales have increased post lockdown and highlights increasing demand for small cars. Do note that India’s best selling car was Swift and is a direct rival of i10 Nios.
- Venue ranked third for the OEM and around 8,469 units were dispatched in October 2020.
- Even though the current gen i20 is at its end of the lifecycle; 8,399 dispatches is quite impressive. It shows how customers are ready to purchase the model even though a new model is in the pipeline.