Around 1,97,610 passenger cars were sold in the Indian market for July 2020. It was a -1% decline over the same period last year (July 2019).
OEM-wise Car Sales for July 2020 –
The overall industry has shown signs of a comeback in this pandemic – the Wholesale Volumes of the Industry in July 2020 reported similar volumes to that of July 2019. The Industry recorded dispatches of 1,97,610 units in July 2020 v/s 1,99,354 units shipped in July 2019.
- Maruti Suzuki grew 1.3% YoY and recorded a Market Share of 49.5%. It saw a Market Share jump of 1.1% over July 2019.
- Hyundai registered a decline of -2.1% in July’20 v/s July’19. Due to the decline; it lost Market Share of -0.2%.
- Tata Motors was able to register one of the highest YoY growth in July 2020 and its volumes jumped 43.2% in July’20 over July’19. This also enabled Tata to increase its Market Share by a mammoth 2.3% in July’20 v/s July’19.
- Mahindra clearly lost its third position to Tata Motors. M&M recorded a fall of 32% in July’20 v/s the same period last year.
- Kia continues its success run and could dispatch >8.5k vehicles in July 2020. The Korean major is now all set to showcase its next big offering – Sonet on Aug 7th. Kia has already surpassed 4% Market Share and shall be interesting to see how it grows post Sonet.
- Renault had an impressive July’20 too with a YoY growth of >75%. The Triber has been a gamechanger for the OEM and is raking in required volumes for the French manufacturer.
Market Share Graph for July’20 –