Almost 60% of the segment volumes come from the Creta & Seltos duo. While Creta has reestablished its dominance in the segment; Seltos has strongly held the second spot.
The Mid SUV segment recorded a growth of 18% YoY and >28k Mid SUVs were sold in December 2020.
- Hyundai’s Creta has taken the clear lead in the segment and it crossed 10.5k sales in Dec’20! The New Creta has been accepted well in the market and has also become one of the best seller in Hyundai’s portfolio.
- Seltos volumes took a fall in terms of Month-on-Month figures; but still managed to hold the 2nd spot. Both the siblings (Creta+Seltos) contributed near to 60% of the segment’s volumes!
- Hector could rise up to the No.3 spot by superseding Scorpio’s volumes in Dec’20.
- Harrier volumes have shot up significantly. Do note that while Hector sales grew by 14% YoY (including Hector Plus volumes); Harrier numbers have shot up 52% YoY! Gravitas alias Safari launch will even strengthen Harrier sales.
- Scorpio was the only model in the Top 5 to record a YoY fall in volumes. The New Scorpio is awaited and may be a reason for slowing sales.
- Duster sales have been disappointing. Even after the launch of well priced Duster Turbo variant; falling sales is not a good sign for Renault.