While Bajaj RE was the best selling Three Wheeler in Passenger Carrier category; Piaggio’s Ape Xtra took the Best Seller tag in Load Carrier segment.
Three Wheeler Passenger Carrier Sales –
- The overall segment fell a hefty -85% YoY and was largely affected due to Covid19 and incessant lockdowns in several parts of the country. The economy too hasn’t been strong and the push for personal mobility has further dented its sales.
- Bajaj Auto has a clear dominance in the Passenger Carrier segment and its models RE and Maxima were the Top 2 sellers in Apr-Oct 2020 period. It combined constituted to over 57% of the category sales!
- Piaggio came in close and Ape Auto & City models ranked third and fourth respectively. Bajaj’s superiority in Petrol engines gives them the edge over Piaggio.
- Atul Auto’s Gem ranked 6th and was just 400 units short of TVS King 4S. Also note that Atul Gem alone sold more than overall M&M models sales!
Three Wheeler Load Carrier Sales –
- Piaggio’s Ape Xtra was the undisputed segment leader and sold over 17.8 units in the first 7 months of FY2021. It contributed to over 50% volumes in the category.
- Bajaj’s Maxima was the second best selling Load Carrier and had a share of over 36% in the category.
- Atul Gem & Elite did impressive and combined reported the lowest YoY degrowth. Atul Auto has been strengthening its presence over the years and now commands a stronger presence than M&M too!