Two Wheeler Registrations saw a dip of -37.5% in July’20 v/s July’19. Around 8.74 L two wheelers were sold in India for July 2020 v/s sales of 13.98 L units in July 2019.
OEM wise Two Wheeler Retails / Registrations for July 2020 –
- All OEMs reported a sales decline in July 2020. However; Hero Motocorp bucked the trend and recorded the lowest degrowth. It was also able to increase its Market Share by 5.05%.
- The gap between Honda & Hero is widening with every passing month. With heavy dependency on scooters; Honda is losing the race as the rural markets are preferring motorcycles. Honda registered the highest market share fall in July 2020.
- TVS ranked third in the list and its sales fell by -41.1% YoY. The OEM also lost -0.88% Market Share.
- We are happy to see Jawa Motorcycles volumes being reported here. Jawa sold a meager 569 units and its sales fell by -42.6% in July 2020 v/s July 2019. Going by the volumes; Jawa has a long way to go to give real competition to Royal Enfield. RE sales were over 60 times that of Jawa in July 2020!
Statewise Two Wheeler Sales in July 2020 –
- Uttar Pradesh was the No.1 state in terms of Two Wheeler registrations too! It sold a magnanimous 1.7 times more than the second ranked state. However; it also recorded a sales dip of -37.6% YoY!
- Tamil Nadu ranked second all India and emerged the No.1 state in South India in terms of Two Wheeler Registrations! Around 95,902 two wheelers were registered in Tamil Nadu in July 2020.
- Maharashtra stood third in the tally and 70,690 units of two wheelers were registered last month. It anyhow saw a drop of -41.5% sales YoY.
- West Bengal was the only eastern state in Top 5 and registered a sales of 66,333 units. It recorded a YoY degrowth of 35%.
- The above numbers do not have figures from AP, AN, MP, LD & TS as all these States/UT’s are not yet on Vahan 4.
- Vehicle Registration Data has been collated as on 07.08.20 and in collaboration with Ministry of Road Transport & Highways, Government of India and has been gathered from 1,235 out of 1,445 RTOs.