Kia Motors India sold over 1 Lakh units in the Indian Market in just 12 months! It was largely attributed by the success of its Mid SUV Seltos which contributed to over 96% of the volumes.
Kia is one of the fastest OEM in India to cross 1 Lakh unit sales. It achieved this feat in an astonishing 12 months. Do note that Kia was able to reach the landmark even with a month where it reported ZERO sales (Apr’20). Just to highlight the importance of this achievement; we shall showcase the time taken for other OEMs to cross 1 Lakh unit sales in India –
- Toyota India took 45 months to cross 1 Lakh sales
- Ford India crossed 1 Lakh sales in the sub-continent in 63 months!
- Volkswagen India achieved >1 Lakh unit sales in 50 months
- Honda Cars India first lakh units sales came after 81 months
- Skoda India surpassed 1 Lakh unit sales in 109 months
- Renault India achieved 1 Lakh units sales in 31 months
Apart from the aforementioned OEMs; Maruti Suzuki’s Nexa channel had crossed 1 Lakh units sales in just 7 months! However; it had the backing of both Maruti Suzuki & existing MS dealers.
The sales trend of Kia Motors India’s models –
|Kia Motors India|
- Kia sold 1,02,609 in the past 12 months with an average of 8,550 units per month.
- Seltos was the blockbuster model from Kia and sold an impressive 98,979 units in the said timeframe. It is also set to cross 1 Lakh unit sales in Aug’20!
- Carnival managed to sell 3,630 in the past 7 months with an average of 518 units/month. The model is Kia’s flagship brand in the Indian market.
Kia will jump to the next level with its upcoming Sonet and aims to achieve next 1 lakh units even faster. It shall be interesting to see how the OEM progresses ahead.