Maruti Suzuki dispatched 97,768 to its dealers in July 2020. It was a 1.3% growth over July 2019 and 91% growth over June 2020!
|Model||Year-on-Year Comparo||Month-on-Month Comparo|
|July’20||July’19||Growth (%)||July’20||June’20||Growth (%)|
- Maruti’s Alto became the best selling car for both OEM and the Nation for July 2020. It showed strong YoY & MoM growth and signifies how the first time car buyers are increasing during this pandemic.
- Wagon-R was the second best selling car in Maruti’s portfolio for July 2020. There is a spike seen in the sales of entry level cars and Alto/Wagon-R sales are a testimony for it.
- Baleno is still going strong and registered a mammoth 169% MoM growth in July 2020. It was also Maruti’s third best selling car for the month.
- Dzire volumes has dropped significantly – it is directly coorelational to discontinuation of diesel variant and subdued demand in fleet/app based mobility segment.
- Vitara’s ranking has fell drastically over time. Again discontinuation of diesel a big factor here?
- S-Cross BS6 dispatches have started last month and 451 units were shipped in July 2020.