Suzuki Motorcycles was the only Two Wheeler manufacturer to register a positive growth in FY2019-20.
OEM-wise Sales Snapsot:
- The Two Wheeler Industry saw a dip of -17.8% in FY2019-20 v/s FY2018-19. The overall volumes fell over 37 Lakh units in FY2020 when compared to FY2019!
- TVS, Yamaha, Mahindra Two Wheelers and Triumph were the OEMs who registered >20% degrowth. These OEMs were the biggest losers in terms of Market Share as well.
- Honda Motorcycles saw the highest spike in Market Share and ended the FY with a 27.02% Market Share.
- Royal Enfield lost its 5th spot to Suzuki and its volumes fell by -18.5% in FY20. Suzuki was the sole OEM to have a positive growth in FY20 and moves itself to the 5th best selling two wheeler OEM!
- Mahindra Two Wheelers sold just over 1k units in the entire year! The data of units sold under the Java nameplate is still not available.