Model-wise Sales Statistics:
Top 25 Two Wheelers for Dec 2016 –
- Mahindra 2 Wheelers degrew by 85.62%!!! Lesser said the better for this Indian OEM. Need fast-track progress in bringing new products from Mahindra (inspiration from BSA & Java motorcycles will help).
- Honda is literally surviving on Activa’s performance. While Activa stood on top of the table; it was the only offering from Honda in Top 10 selling Two-wheelers!
- Almost 42% of the TVS’s sales is contributed from Moped sales! XL Super has no immediate competition and has grown significantly in number over the years.
- In the Top 5 selling models – 2 from Hero, 2 from TVS and only 1 from Honda!
- Dominar dispatches have started from Dec’16 – 185 bikes offtake done in the first month.
- Triumph has more offerings (products) in India when compared to Hero Moto Corp! While even with 20 models on sale; Triumph managed to sell only 84 units.
- Aprilia SR150 on the sprint of reviving Piaggio’s fate in Indian soil. The product has been accepted well and has definitely shown promise.
- Royal Enfield seems shielded from all kinds of adverse market scenarios – even Demonitization couldn’t shake the steller performance of this growing two wheeler manufacturer.