*UVs and Vans are excluded from the list. Also Elite i20 figures do not include i20 active sales numbers (1316 units)
- 6 out of Top 10 belong from the Maruti stable! Maruti is leaving no stone unturned to sustain Alto in the Numero Uno slot.
- Only 2 Hyundai’s are seen in the Top 10 table. The month did extract the juice of the Korean major – ‘Demon’itaztion impact is clearly seen. Also did it find difficult to push stock to the dealers as year-end is approaching?
- Grand i10 emerged as the best seller for Hyundai – With the demise of i10; Grand i10 is carrying a lot of stake ahead. However, a model change is expected soon – so will the numbers decline in Dec’16?
- Tiago proves to be the comeback vehicle for Tata Motors. Tata Motors regain the 3rd position in the OEM Ranking after quite some time. A surprising month for Tata Motors though – rejig in the management earlier and now the ranking.
- Kwid is for Renault what Tiago is for Tata. The entry level hatchs are back in the game! Alto, Celerio, Kwid and Tiago proves that even in tough times this segment will survive – Not many blackmoney hoarders would buy an entry level hatch 😉