- Maruti & Hyundai have again ousted an Other OEM entrant – Yes, Honda’s Amaze is now out of the Top 10 selling cars and is replaced by Maruti’s Celerio! The duopoly has made the Industry extremely difficult for other OEMs to survive and is clearly visible in the Top 10 list.
- The Top 6 selling cars are from Maruti’s stable & 7 out of Top 10 are Maruti’s! Hyundai as usual occupies the No.7, No.8 & No.9 positions. Hyundai has been holding this position quite strongly and has no signs of leaving it.
- Maruti’s Swift occupies the Pole Position and overtakes the Aug’18 leader Alto by quite a margin (>500 units to be precise). Swift has gained the No.1 position after 16 long months (Last time Swift was in the Top Spot in the month of Apr’17!).
- Brezza places itself in the Top 5. The compact SUV is gaining strength month and is the only UV in the Top 5!
- The other notable SUV in the list is Hyundai’s Creta. The SUV offers tremendous value and sells almost equivalent to the much cheaper compact hatch Grand i10.